PALGARD® ABRASION-RESISTANT POLYCARBONATE SHEET
Technically advanced surfaces for lasting protection and enduring clarity.
Palgard offers all the performance features of a Palsun polycarbonate sheet including high impact resistance and excellent UV protection. However, Palgard also features an advanced surface coating that provides superior abrasion and chemical resistance, which means Palgard remains pristine in applications with high levels of wear and tear, such as architectural glazing, public space installations, manufacturing environments, highway sound barriers and more. Palgard is excellent for protective shielding or safety glazing for machinery, exhibits or displays. It is also suitable for use in vehicular glazing, for example in side or rear windows and windshields on ATVs, golf carts or other vehicles.
Palgard can also be used for glass-laminated ballistic applications.
Things to Know
- Abrasion resistant on one or both sides
- Resistance to vandalism
- Resistant to scratches and chemicals
- Impact Resistant—virtually unbreakable
- Available in clear with up to 90% light transmission, or in a variety of tints (custom tints available with min. order qty.)
- Offers superb acoustic insulation
- Protected against UV degradation–and provides better UV protection than sunscreen lotions
- Easy to mount and install
- Safety glazing
- Security and ballistic resistant glazing
- Anti-vandal glazing
- Prison windows
- Acoustic barriers
- Protective guards and shielding for equipment, manufacturing spaces, and public spaces
- Transportation shelter glazing such as bus stops
- Protective shields for police or security forces
- Protective helmet visors ...and more