AVIVA STADIUM / IRELAND
SKYLIGHT // CORRUGATED POLYCARBONATE SHEET
Palram was challenged to stretch its capabilities for the project in terms of design, production and logistics. The roofing material was characterized with low thickness panels, a requirement met by Palram’s proprietary corrugation technology. A revolutionary solution was conceived: installation of the corrugated panels perpendicular to the slope, relying on the stadium’s unique “wavy” architectural design. This allowed a 65% decrease in the panel's thickness, which provided a cost efficient solution that preserved the architect’s vision.
- Architect: HOK Sport (Populous)
- Product: SUNTUF® Corrugated Polycarbonate Sheet
- Product Type: Clear & Matte 3 mm, 8290 profile
- Application Type: Skylight
- Total Product Usage: 20,000 sqm
- Year of Completion: 2010
Cover Area: 20,000 sqm
- Palram's solution reduced the thickness of the roofing from the original 8 mm solid sheet design to 3 mm in SUNTUF Corrugated polycarbonate sheets.
- The corrugated roofing panels were designed to match the shapes of the facade and wall.
- Each roofing panel was individually cut and marked according to its location on the roof.
- Seat capacity: 51.700 seats
A revolutionary Concept
Installation of the panels with the corrugation along the roof perimeter direction relied on the stadium's unique wavy design and enabled reduction of the panel thickness by 62%, which proved to be efficient yet fulfilled the architect's vision. Production of the corrugated SUNTUF sheets in an unprecedented 3 mm thickness was a manufacturing breakthrough on its own. Light Transmission: 86% (Clear) and 84% (Matte).