Lightweight polycarbonate glazing solutions for building and construction
When considering glazing solutions, polycarbonate glazing materials have become a preferred choice for architects and building owners. This is mainly because polycarbonate glazing solutions are half the weight of glass, over 250 times stronger and maintain approximately equal optical transparency. In addition, lightweight polycarbonate glazing solutions are easy to handle and install. This speeds up the building process and enables the construction of complex building facades on time and under budget. Lastly, polycarbonate can be curved, formed, and fabricated into nearly any geometric configuration that a designer might imagine.
Wide range of glazing solutions
Palram offers a wide range of polycarbonate glazing solutions, including PALSUN, PALGLAS, PALGARD, SUNGLAZE, SUNLITE, and SUNPAL. Some of these panels can be cut to accommodate specific designs and others are part of a flexible leak-proof standing seam system that can provide full coverage for both roofs and facades.
Palram technicians can also create custom glazing solutions if additional specifications such as thermal insulation, acoustic attenuation, light transmission, impact resistance, or bullet resistance are required.
Polycarbonate glazing panels and system
Things to know
- Impact resistant: virtually unbreakable
- Transparent: up to 90% light transmission
- Weather and UV resistant
- Wide service temperature range
- Blocks 99.9% of harmful UV radiation
- Lightweight – less than half the weight of glass
- Good fire rating
- Easy to work with and install with standard tools
- Anti-vandalism construction for windows in high-traffic areas
- Bulletproof dividers in banks and retail outlets
- Skylights in commercial, industrial, and residential buildings
- Facades and curtain walls
- Acoustic barriers along highways
- Indoor partitions