Active antimicrobial action for wall-cladding solutions
PVC wall cladding panels made with HYG technology aren’t just easy to clean – they’re actively hygienic.
For applications that demand the most stringent hygienic conditions such as hospitals, kitchens, food storage areas, and agricultural facilities, wall-cladding sheets with HYG technology set a new standard for cleanliness.
Technology uses natural antimicrobial agent
Palram’s breakthrough HYG hygienic wall cladding products incorporate silver ions, a natural antimicrobial agent with proven biocidal behavior that inhibits microbe reproduction. These ions are embedded into the panels and are not just used as a coating, so even scuffed or worn panels maintain the same antimicrobial properties.
With silver ions, HYG wall cladding PVC sheets bring active microbe elimination to a new and wide range of applications, taking hygienic care one step further.
Active Antimicrobial Action for PVC Products
- Actively eliminates microbes, bacteria, and fungi
- Capabilities are proven by independent testing (results supplied upon request)
- Long-lasting antimicrobial effect is maintained even in worn and scuffed panels
- Formable: HYG properties are retained after processing
- Wall cladding and ceiling panels
- Healthcare facilities
- Chemical process industries
- Sterile surfaces in laboratories
- Food preparation industry
- Air vents
How Does The Antimicrobial Action Work?
PALCLAD Pro HYG is installed as wall cladding.
Microbes come in contact with the wall cladding while ions become active by moisture.
Ions attack microbes on the surface.
The wall is washed with water or any other rinsing fluid to remove the dead microbes.
HYG Tests - Microbe Elimination
Ten common microbes were incubated on PALCLAD Pro HYG for 24 hours at 37°C and >90% relative humidity (RH). The graph shows how the HYG panels demonstrate high antimicrobial activity.