Long-lasting sign materials for printed, formed, and electrical signs
Sign designers and producers help their customers build brands and facilitate communications through retail signs and merchandising, LED signs, channel letters, menu boards, and more. Palram plays a key role by understanding market needs and performance demands, and offering a broad array of products to meet those needs. Whether you’re developing a simple printed sign, flat or formed sign face, wayfinding signage, or a 100-foot tall illuminated behemoth for indoor or outdoor use, you can count on Palram for transparent and foam PVC and polycarbonate substrates. More resilient and lightweight than metal or wood, PVC and polycarbonate signs can withstand harsh conditions with minimal breakage, fading, or degradation.
Our experienced technical sales team can help you select the right material to fit a specific fabrication process, or compliance with electricity, flammability, durability, and temperature requirements, ensuring the perfect solution for any environment.
Printed signage is everywhere. Without even thinking about it, you’re being exposed to signs that direct, inform, and excite you. When it comes to producing a printed sign, the choice of media and the post-print process is critically important to ensure optimal results. Depending on the type of signage you’re creating - whether it’s a retail sign, lightbox, sign face, exhibit signage, or something else - you need a material that prints well and will withstand rigorous fabrication processes and environmental conditions without degrading. For a sign that gets the job done, over and over again, we have just what you need.
- All sign board material is engineered for superior ink adhesion and easy fabrication
- PALSUN polycarbonate with exceptional impact resistance and UV performance
- PALIGHT offers the broadest range of top-quality and general purpose foam PVC substrates
- Multilayer PALBOARD PVC for creating 3D signage and displays
- Water-clear PALCLEAR PVC with excellent ink adhesion and chemical resistance without the need for an adhesion promoter
Simple Lit Sign Faces
Simple Lit Sign Faces
PALSUN Sign Grade polycarbonate is the top choice for any flat or formed sign face – from a simple backlit sign cabinet to a unique thermoformed brand logo. Much stronger than acrylic, PALSUN is UV resistant and exhibits superior impact strength and exceptional weatherability. Even in the coldest temperatures, it outperforms acrylic, which can become brittle and break. And it can be easily printed, painted, and fabricated.
- PALSUN’S higher diffusion properties enable designers to place sign faces closer to the light source without hot spots and enable a whiter base when lights are off
- Coil-stock reels enable greater efficiency of cuts and higher ROI (PALSUN CS)
- PALSUN Sign Grade is approved for use as a rigid sign face material and is listed in the UL Sign Accessories Manual.
Channel letters are used everywhere brands are advertised — gas stations, restaurants, banks, major retailers and more. PALSUN polycarbonate is an ideal material for this application. Much more durable than acrylic, polycarbonate is virtually unbreakable, especially in cold weather environments where acrylic becomes brittle. PALSUN sign grade material provides high light transmission and exceptional light diffusion, eliminating hot spots.
- Polycarbonate is much stronger than acrylic, reducing breakage and replacement costs
- Palsun Clear provides high clarity and high light transmission
- Palsun Sign Grade White offers excellent whiteness and superb light diffusion, eliminating hot spots
- Widest service temperature range of any plastic substrate
Wayfinding or directional signage is common in public spaces such as airports, transit stations, hospitals and shopping malls. PALIGHT foam PVC and PALBOARD multi-layer PVC are popular material choices for these types of applications due to their long-wearing ink adhesion and overall durability. For transparent applications such as backlit signs, PALSUN polycarbonate or PALCLEAR transparent PVC offer high light transmission and diffusion and are break-resistant.
- Wide range of materials in different sizes, colors and transparencies
- Range of materials that comply with flammability requirements
- Long-lasting sign board material to withstand high traffic areas
- Media can be printed, engraved, laminated, back-lit and more