ATHENS OLYMPIC STADIUM / GREECE
SKYLIGHT/ROOF // PALSUN®
Athens’ “OAKA” Olympic Stadium was renovated to serve as the centerpiece for the 2004 Olympic Games. The stadium's roof was designed by the renowned Santiago Calatrava and is still one of the largest polycarbonate installations in the world.
Palsun polycarbonate panels with tailor-made color and abrasion-resistance coating were fitted into the GA2004 pre-assembled glazing system. The system‘s unique design allowed 0° slope and offered built-in drainage, expansion gaps and many other benefits.
- Architect: Santiago Calatrava
- Product: PALSUN® Flat Solid Polycarbonate Sheet
- Product Type: Solar Olympic 12 mm
- Application Type: Skylight/Roof
- Total Product Usage: 24,000 sqm
- Year of Completion: 2004